Amy Gannett | Knowing & Worshipping God, 149
Amy Gannett | Knowing & Worshipping God
Amy Gannett (M.Div, Gordon Conwell Theological Seminary) is a speaker, writer, and Bible teacher. She is the author of several exegetical Bible studies, and her teaching and writing has been featured on Christian outlets like Well-Watered Women, The Gospel Coalition, JourneyWomen, Risen Motherhood, and Christ and Pop Culture.
She is also the founder of Tiny Theologians, which offers training tools for parents and children’s ministries, equipping them to pass on the Christian faith to the next generation.
Questions Amy and Amber Discuss About Knowing & Worshipping God:
- (4:33) Let’s start with the basics. What is theology?
- (6:09) What is doxology?
- (7:31) All too often we separate knowing and worshipping God into two distinct categories. Why should our knowledge of God always lead to our worship of Him?
- (15:01) Worship is so much more than singing at church on a Sunday. What are some practical ways one can worship and adore God in their day to day lives?
- (25:00) Let’s talk about developing a habit of engaging God through His Word.
- (29:06) As we close, what is your greatest hope for Fix Your Eyes?
- (32:31) How have you seen the grace of God be enough in your own personal life?
Quotes to Remember About Knowing & Worshipping God:“Fix Your Eyes comes out of that desire to help us not just have heads full of knowledge about God, but also hearts of worship, that respond to the God we’re learning about.” “Theology is the study of God or some people call it a study of the heart of God.” “The more we learn about God, the more we need to respond to who God is by praising him for his unchanging character.” “[Life is] richer when we know God and live our lives in response to him. And that doesn’t mean that we will be without suffering. It does not mean that we’ll be healthy, wealthy, and wise. Scripture doesn’t promise us that.” “What Scripture is, by nature is God’s self revelation.” “Scriptures pulling back the curtain and God is saying, ‘This is who I am. This is my character. This is my nature. This is what I do.’ And why does God do that? Because he wants us to know Him.”
- Book: Fix Your Eyes by Amy Gannett
- The Doxology sang by Anthem Lights featuring Selah
- Tiny Theologians
Compelled uses gripping, immersive storytelling to celebrate the powerful ways God is transforming the lives of His people around the world.
It’s full of incredible stories from missionaries, addicts, prisoners, and other believers sharing how God changed their life. And they combine those testimonies with sound effects, music, and narration.
Not only is it one of my favorite podcasts, but Compelled has influenced what I do here at Grace Enough.
Michelle Debenport | Feeling Stuck? Need Clarity?, 178June 27, 2022/